Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Which axes should I choose??

I'm kinda wondering 'bout whether these axes will suit me..
Like to play blues and some rock n roll stuffs..
Actually it's quite obvious which guitar should I choose..
The brand speak for themselves (and the price too)

But I kinda need second opinion though
Need a good-sweet-axe that I wouldn't regret to play for the rest of my life (well at least I hope so)
so here goes..



















The first one is Fender stratocaster John Mayer series.. It's in Olympic white with alder body, C shape neck, maple for the neck and rosewood on fretboard..
John use this baby for almost entire Battle studies album.. The quality (is) of course unquestionable..
Unfortunately this sweet axe cost more than $2000 (include the shipping since nobody sell it in Brisbane) and it's pretty expensive for me..
Although I could work part time and save a money at the end of the month (if I could and I would)




















Well the next one is squier classic vibe (CV) 60's Stratocaster..
It's the replica of old 60's strat.. Looks like our technician buddy in squier has leveled up their gear..
It has sunburst gloss, alder body, C shape neck with rosewood neck fretboard..
Although it is crafted in china, but this guitar sure is well crafted..
Most every forum that I read give high rating to this axe, with the proper of justification..
Many said that the finish body is not as good as MIA, the wood itself lacking any serious beauty, and the hardware is a bit under-whelming by comparison..
But it's still a good guitar to keep.. It cost about $300..
quite far from the Mayer's eh?

So that's it folks..
I don't want to spend guitar that is too expensive and surely don't want to regret buying the cheaper one..
Just let me know 'bout your opinion.. All fare and square dude
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment